Women in Dev 2021 End-of-Year Review
Over the course of 2021, the Women in Dev network has expanded considerably, met various milestones in terms of activity and engagement, and had incredible guest speakers for the multiple event series launched.
Since our inaugural conference in 2020, we have continued to evolve; adapting to the new normal and responding to the needs of our community. We hope to build on the momentum from this past year to continue to have radical conversations with so many of you across the sector – so that all voices are heard and we can collectively call for and drive change within the sector, providing our community with a platform to hold these conversations, openly, candidly, and intentionally.
- In January, we worked alongside Women’s March Global and a vast network of over 80 partners and WMG Chapters worldwide to launch the Global Count and subsequently the Interim Findings.
- In March, we hosted a WOW Festival panel for International Women’s Day with Women’s March Global on the importance of Gender Data.
- During August’s International Youth Week, we launched our flagship “Q&A: in conversation with” series via Instagram Live.
- In September, we kicked off our podcast series, Women in Dev: the Podcast as a way to engage our network and wider audience through a new medium, and also hosted a UNGA side-event on equitable funding practices.
- In October, we held our first Masterclass on feminist leadership in practice.
1 reply added
Great content! Keep up the good work!
Comments are closed.